SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING DETAILS
Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 up to a total of four scholarships overall. At least one vocational program/community college award will be given, if there are applicants. Announcements of the scholarships will be made at the senior awards assembly at the end of the year at each recipient’s high school. The money must be used for college or trade school expenses, including tuition, books, or fees.
- Applicant must be the legal child, stepchild, or dependent of an active GAEA member
- Applicant must be a graduating senior but does not need to be attending a GAPS school.
- Applicant must provide proof of acceptance from an accredited/four-year college, community college, or trade school.
PROCESS FOR APPLICATION AND CRITERIA
- The Greater Albany Education Association will announce this scholarship offering through both the GAEA newsletter, the GAEA website, and the GAEA Facebook page in February of each year.
- An applicant will fill out the scholarship application, available at http://www.albanyteachers.org, and include the following supporting data:
- Copy of high school transcript through first semester (trimester) of senior year.
- Copy of acceptance letter from college or trade school.
- Essay on the applicant’s educational and career goals/plans (250 words typed).
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher.
- Applicant will return completed packet to the GAEA office, Santiam UniServ, 2885 Cedarwood Ct. SE, Albany, OR, 97322 by April 29th or submit it electronically to email@example.com.
- Applicant will be notified by May 13th if awarded a scholarship.